The Sioux Empire offers better incentives to both new and existing businesses.
• Reduced property taxes
• New-construction tax incentive
• Sales tax refund on capital machinery and equipment for certain projects
• Several state-level programs
With so many options, it can be time-consuming to sort through them all. Don´t take the chance of leaving any money on the table. Give us a call – we can work with you to determine your needs and figure out what options are best for you.
The secret is out: Sioux Falls is a better place to live. Our young, educated, well-trained workforce is expanding to meet the needs of both new and existing businesses and is creating a larger market for consumer goods and services. We are one of the fastest-growing areas in the nation, with a rate of population growth nearly four times the national average.Read More
• Designed to help promote job growth
• Available to start-up firms or companies that are expanding/relocating
• 2% interest
• Amount is based on job creation
• Designed for more capital-intensive projects
• Issuance of tax exempt bonds for small businesses to purchase new machinery and equipment
• Guaranteed long-term loan with a fixed interest rate
• Offers business/commercial loans to businesses needing working capital for start-up costs, payroll, construction on new buildings, etc.
• Loan program available for fixed asset purchases
• Long-term fixed-rate financing
• Assists companies in communities with a population of 25,000 or less
• Can be used to purchase land or equipment or to buy/renovate a building
• Funds industry/education partnerships
• Designed as a 50/50 match-funding source (must be matched with private sector contributions)
• Provides half the cost of employee recruitment for certain high-need, high-impact industries
• Matching grants for wages paid to interns and assistantships
• Up to $2,000 for undergraduates, $8,000 for master´s students and $10,000 for PhD students